How To Throw The Ultimate Super Bowl Party
Hosting for the Super Bowl this year? Read on to get tips and one of my recipes so you can throw your guests the ultimate Super Bowl Party!
1. The Food! This is most important to the success of your Super Bowl party. I’m talking appetizers and meat, and plenty of it! We’ll start with the appetizers. You can’t go wrong with anything wrapped in bacon. Tortilla chips and queso or salsa are also sure to be a big hit. If it’s not in your budget to buy everything for the party, ask your friends to bring a dish to pass and you’ll have so much food everyone will wish they’d shown up in sweatpants… The obvious choices for a main dish include hot wings, pizza, chili, basically anything and everything unhealthy for you! Calories don’t count on Super Bowl Sunday! So enjoy the day with your closest friends and family and pig out! This year I am making Italian beef for the Super Bowl. I have shared the recipe below. (Literally easiest recipe ever. You can’t mess it up and it’s so yummy!) And don’t forget a dessert! While most people will say they are too full, we all know there’s always room for dessert! I am a big fan of buying a football shaped ice cream cake for the Super Bowl. I am not much of a baker, so I think it’s easier to let someone else do the work for me. ;) But you can get crafty in the kitchen if that’s your thing too.
2. The Booze. This is another given for a Super Bowl party. The cocktails and beer! Don’t forget to have plenty of beer (a couple of different types as well to give people a choice) and hard liquor staples like vodka, whiskey, and gin. Be sure to also provide mixers for the hard liquor (which can also be for the non-drinkers as well!) such as pop or juice. But please keep in mind to drink responsibly, and provide your guests with information on alternate transportation if need be such as a local taxi service or Uber/Lyft. It’s never worth it to drink and drive and nothing ruins a game day high like a DUI.
3. The Decorations. When I say I have a cabinet full of themed cocktail napkins I am not kidding… My mother-in-law loves to pawn them off on me, but I am not complaining because I love having them for different occasions! I am big into themes as I’ve said before, so I think it’s fun to get football themed cocktail napkins, paper plates and cups, and even a hand towel for the kitchen or bathroom. These items are generally pretty cheap and really bring a fun atmosphere to the party. Places like Party City are perfect for buying Super Bowl decorations.
4. The Seating. This one is also crucial. You want to make sure your guests are comfortable in your home so make sure to provide enough seating options in front of the TV. Depending on the size of your party, you may need to get extra folding chairs or use over sized pillows to put on the floor for guests to sit on for extra seating. Even having some cozy throws will really help make your guests feel right at home. Ensuring your guests are comfortable will definitely make you the host of the year!
Who will you be rooting for this year for the Super Bowl? Are you looking forward to Lady Gaga at half time or are you more interested in the Puppy Bowl? Leave your comments below and have a safe and fun Super Bowl Sunday!
Hiliary's Crock-Pot Italian Beef Recipe: AKA Easiest Recipe Ever!
- 10lb Rump Roast (You can get a larger or smaller rump roast depending on your party size. 10lbs feeds around 6 people.)
- Italian Seasoning
- Garlic Powder
- Beef Bouillon Cubes
- Turano French Rolls
- Shredded Mozzarella
- Pepperoncinis (Optional)
Prep: 5 Min | Cook: 8 Hours on Low | Ready In: 10 Min
- Place the rump roast in the Crock-Pot.
- Using a small pot, boil about 3 cups of water and add 6 beef bouillon cubes. (This depends on the taste you prefer. We like ours saltier so I add an extra cube or two. Or if you got more or less meat, you can adjust accordingly. You may also use low sodium cubes as well.)
- Once the cubes have dissolved, pour the boiling water over the rump roast in the crock pot. If the roast is not 2/3 covered with water, add more water to the crock pot.
- Sprinkle the Italian seasoning and garlic powder on the top of the roast that is above the water. There is no set amount, I usually just cover the top of the roast completely. I mean it when I say you can't mess it up, so sprinkle away!
- Put the lid on the Crock-Pot and turn it on low and you're done! Usually I will turn the meat over half way through the cook time and sprinkle more Italian seasoning and garlic powder on top.
- Once the meat is cooked 8 hours later, use a fork and knife to shred the meat and serve to your guests on the french rolls with mozarella cheese sprinkled on top and enjoy!
Tip: Crock-Pot liners are a thing and I highly recommend them for easy clean up if you don't already use them! They are a true blessing and I don't remember life before them. lol