Simple Peppermint Bark Recipe
I love sweets but I hate baking because I will literally eat ALL of what I make and I hate reading directions! So peppermint bark is literally the perfect recipe for a “baker” like me. It only requires 2-3 ingredients and it is so simple that you can’t mess it up! (Although I did mess up the first batch but I’ll tell you how to avoid the mistake I made!) This recipe is so yummy and you’ll be proud to serve it to your family at Christmas, or to your coworkers, friends, whoever! Read on to find out how to make this super simple treat!
- Two 11oz bags of Ghiardelli Premium Classic White Chips
- Crushed peppermint sticks. (You can buy pre crushed or smash your own in a bag with a hammer which is what I did!)
- Parchment paper
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
Prep: <10 Min | Ready In: 30 Min
1. Heat up the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. I did one bag at a time and heated them up in 30 second intervals. It ended up being about 1 minute 45sec to become fully melted. This is actually how I messed up my first batch! I put the chips in the microwave for 1 minute 30 right away and it ended up burning the chocolate! And unless you like a smokey taste to your bark, I recommend doing the 30 second intervals to be safe lol. **If you want a more peppermint-y taste, mix in the 1/2 teaspoon of peppermint oil after you’ve melted the chocolate.
2. Spread the melted chocolate evenly on a piece of parchment paper. Then take your crushed peppermints and sprinkle it on top of the chocolate before it starts to harden.
3. Once you’ve applied as much or as little peppermints as you desire, carefully transfer the parchment paper to the fridge. Let the chocolate fully harden before breaking it into squares or pieces. The bark takes about 30 minutes to harden in the fridge.
4. Serve and enjoy! It’s best to keep your bark in the fridge when you’re not eating it to keep it fresher for longer although it can be left out on the counter for a few days!
Affiliate links used for your convenience.