How To Host Friendsmas
Can you believe Christmas is 1 week away?? What? How?! 2017 has seriously flown by but I am ready for Christmas, one of my favorite holidays! I am not hosting Christmas day this year, but I am hosting a Friendsmas later this week! So I wanted to share with you my tablescape, menu, and a few tips on how I make my guests feel welcome in our home! And if you get to the end of the post, I’m sharing a recipe for my signature cocktail for the evening, cranberry mules! So let’s get festive together, pour the jingle juice, and read on! Happy hosting!
Our Friendsmas menu includes: pot roast with veggies, mashed potatoes, hawaiian rolls, baked apples and for desert thick hot chocolate and peppermint bark! Get in my belly!
Simple Ways To Make Your Guests Feel Welcome
- Cozy candles. I like to have a wonderful smelling candle at the entryway so my guests are welcomed by the delicious smell when they walk in. My favorites are vanilla, sugar cookie, pumpkin spice, or anything with apple!
- Plenty to eat. On top of the dinner, I always like to make sure there is plenty to nosh on. My favorites include a charcuterie board, chips and salsa, or mixed nuts. Just a light snack to hold them over until it's time to eat.
- Plenty to drink. This includes both alcoholic and non alcoholic drink choices. By giving your guests choices, they will appreciate the effort you put forth to ensure their time spent at your home is enjoyed.
- Music. We have an Amazon Echo Plus that we synced with Pandora and it's perfect for playing some background music to keep the mood lively.
- Create ambiance. Whenever I have guests over I am sure to turn on our under-mount lighting and lower the lights just a touch. It creates a cozy feel for my guests.
All of these gestures will have your guests thanking you for a wonderful evening and giving you party hosting brownie points!
Cranberry Mule Christmas Cocktail Recipe
Sugared Cranberries (for garnishing)
- 12 oz . fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup simple syrup
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 oz . unsweetened cranberry juice
- 3 oz . ginger beer
- 1 1/2 oz . spiced rum
- 1 oz . simple syrup
- Ice , for serving
Prep: 1 hour and 45 min | Ready In: 5 Min
Make the sugared cranberries
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place a wire cooling rack on top of the lined baking sheet, and set aside.
In a large bowl, measure in the simple syrup.
Toss the cranberries in the simple syrup, removing them with a slotted spoon, then place on the wire cooling rack.
Refrigerate for 30 minutes, or until the berries are sticky.
When the berries are sticky, measure the sugar into a large bowl.
Toss the cranberries in the sugar until coated, then transfer back to the wire cooling rack.
Coat all the cranberries, then refrigerate for an additional hour before using.
Make the Cranberry Mules
Place a handful of ice in a copper mug
Combine the cranberry juice, ginger beer, rum and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker.
Shake until combined, then pour over ice.
Serve with sugared cranberries as garnish, and enjoy!
Recipe and picture orginally found on The Speckled Plate.
Affiliate links used for your convenience.